80s Day Loon Mountain 2016 - Axl, Slash, and the one-armed drummer from Def Leppard
Bitchin’ tunes, blinding neon ski outfits, and Bud Heavy, what could be better than 80s day at Loon Mountain?
Add to the (apres ski) party the best 80s cover band in New England, Fast Times Boston, toss in a few hundred pairs of Ray Ban Aviators (with Croakies, of course), and witness Hulkamania running wild, brother! and what you end up with is the purest White Mountain entertainment - not an 80s euphemism for illegal narcotics.
Deep thought by Pants: This year included one of the biggest changes in modern debauchery since the advent of a 2 story beer bong (pic below). Previous years included a packed house inside the Bunyan room with a beer-in-hand wait time of approx 9.3 minutes, which is nearly triple the allotted time for livers to keep up the pace of our 80's booze-fueled predecessors. Luckily for us, they made the move to the Bud Light Concert Tent outside which allowed for an increase is elbow room, double-fistedness and less ball-sweat. Plus, there were increased site-lines to spandex clad royal babes ... just don't forget the aviators for decreased creepability.
Double deep thought by Fizz: I'm actually impressed that Maurice the Pants Man made a two story beer bong in college, he must have watched a ton of Home Improvement as a kid.
The real question is, did Sir Pants think of this plan whilst gassing down beers and checking out maidens with the other knights on the deck of the Deck House, or, was he inspired mid-aisle in the plumbing department in Home Depot or Lowes.
Like, hey, nice clear plastic tubing, I wonder if ... BAM!
Squire, fetch me clamps and a funnel, we need to knockout a beer bong!
Notes from the weekend:
- Started at Woodstock, then Pants and Huff showed.
- Back to the Deer Park Ski condo for cocktails
- We hit up the Common Man for dinner, old school atmosphere
- Then over to the Slopeside Retreat for more cocktails
- 2016 80s Day Costume: Axl, Slash, Rik Allen (one arm drummer from Def Leppard), and Jem
- Morning ritual of watching Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- Huff owned it as Rick Allen. Committed to the one arm approach all day. ALL DAY! Beer and drumstick in the same hand. Def Leppard Pyromania shirt. Glorious. He did The Thunder God proud.
- Rode The Shuttle Connection to Loon
- Grabbed 30s of beer that never got opened from Price Chopper
- Back to Slopeside Retreat
- "Pants, let’s schedule a showing during 80s weekend to see this church. We could finally own a brewery! Better yet, the church that Slash rips the November Rain solo outside of." - in regard to a church for sale near the Woodstock Brewery (it's still for sale).
- Some kid was Woody from Toy Story. Definitively 90s.
- Finding out about The Shuttle Connection. Nothing better than being safe during an all day 80s party.
- Who are we kidding, clutch move of the weekend goes to Huff. You try keeping your arm inside your shirt whilst holding a drumstick and slamming bud heavy after bud heavy (err, Goose Island?!) all day. Here is another rad photo of him.