2017 80s Day - The day Devo showed up at Loon Mountain
Bitchin’ tunes, blinding neon ski outfits, and Bud Heavy, what could be better than 80s day at Loon Mountain?
Add to the (apres ski) party the best 80s cover band in New England, Fast Times Boston, toss in a few hundred pairs of Ray Ban Aviators (with Croakies, of course), and witness Hulkamania running wild, brother! and what you end up with is the purest White Mountain entertainment - not an 80s euphemism for illegal narcotics.
Notes from the weekend:
- Stop at Winnipesaukee to check in on some stuff before heading up.
- Trivia @ Bunyan Room (did alright, not as good as we hoped).
- Keith Roth hosting on Hair Nation for the 80s Hair Nation Game.
- 2017 80s Day Costume: Devo
- Morning ritual of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure
- "80s Weekend Morning Wake Up" for Huff (sleeping in). Beer and loud glam metal bands left at the door, both for consumption.
- Cranked Appetite for Destruction (Guns N' Roses) & Screw It! (Danger Danger) while making our costumes
- I led a spirited discussion about how kickass Andy Timmons was, regardless of the artistic "merit" of Danger Danger. They did have bitchin’ album covers though.
- Shuttle connection
- Bumped into people that we saw in 2016
- Seeing Cobra Kai's Johnny Lawrence!
- Got 2nd place at the costume contest, losing to 80s Madonna (she claims to be a different decade Madonna every year. Well done. Also, won a pair of (Smith?!) goggles
- Enzos pizza (Lincoln, NH) for dinner: decent chicken bacon ranch pizza.
- Slopeside Retreat for the NCAA tourney: Oregon vs UNC
- Peg’s (remember - cash only)
- The Guns’n’Roses "Beer and a shot of (hair) metal" wake up was first introduced.
Wearing bright yellow Dupont Tychem Coveralls really stood out. Nailed it as Devo. In fact, with the right mask/helmet, we could have doubled as Marty McFly (Darth Vader, from the planet Vulcan) in Back to the Future. Another strong costume idea.