Van Halen • Rock • Hair Metal
The kings of the sunset strip. Van Halen isn't reallllly a hair metal band, but whatever, they fit the genre they pretty much created.
Whether it was Diamond Dave or Sammy Hagar, this band tore apart clubs and arenas with their Jack Daniels fueled stage show. Plus, they had excellent album covers. Van Halen, much like Tom Brady or Tom Hanks, has led two Hall of Fame careers if you divide their career (band) stats in half.
Early Van Halen was a feelgood fiasco, 80s party rock unabashed. Purists swear early Van Halen is the only Van Halen. The band owned the Sunset Strip. They owned the stage. And they owned the hearts of men and women alike.
Van Hagar represented a more composed, more mature Van Halen. Growing up didn't mean less booze, it just meant a little less partying.
Van Halen Band Members #
- David Lee Roth (Lead Vocals)
- Alex Van Halen (Drums, Backing Vocals)
- Eddie Van Halen (Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Backing Vocals)
- Wolfgang Van Halen (Bass, Backing Vocals)
Past Members of Van Halen #
- Gary Cherone (Lead Vocals)
- Michael Anthony (Bass, Backing Vocals)
- Sammy Hagar (Lead Vocals)
Van Halen Albums/Discography #
- Van Halen
- Van Halen II
- Women and Children First
- Fair Warning
- Diver Down
- For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge
- Van Halen III
- A Different Kind of Truth
Van Halen's Biggest hit: Jump #
Whhhhhoooooooooooooaaaaa! Jump is fun. Jump is a blast. Jump is a damn good time.
They have so many hits that the band's midpoint just felt right.