Rock | Hair Metal | United States
Lighter fare, but the tones are still there.
New Jersey band travels to Los Angeles to seek fame, fortune and fun. Where have we heard that before?
Tony Rey had a stint in Jersey's Danger Danger. Bon Jovi's writing buddy, Desmond Child, helped Saraya pen Timeless Love, the band's third single. Other than Timeless Love and Back to the Bullet, the only other song of note is Love Has Taken Its Toll, which is actually a solid rocker.
In interesting news, Sandi Saraya was married to a guy in Tesla for a spell.
Saraya Band Members
- Sandra "Sandi" Saraya - lead vocals, tambourine (1987-1992)
- Tony "Bruno" Rey - lead and rhythm guitar, backing vocals (1987-1992)
- Chuck Bonfante - drums, percussion (1987-1992)
- Barry Dunaway - bass guitar, backing vocals (1990-1992)
- Johnny "John" Roggio - rhythm and lead guitar, keyboards, backing vocals (1991-1992)
- Gregg Munier - keyboards, piano, backing and lead vocals (1987-1991; died 2006)
- Gary "Skid" Taylor - bass guitar, backing vocals (1987-1990)
- When the Blackbird Sings
The hit: Back to the Bullet
Can't tell if the guitar tones here are hair metal, or, if they're a bit more Eric Clapton on It's The Way That You Use It. It's the hit because it achieved one spot higher on the Billboard charts. Debatable as to whether it's a better song than Love Has Taken Its Toll. In fact, the latter seems to be more well known amongst fans.